I am honored to have been nominated by Montana from Pretty Lil Mudder for this awesome Liebster Award. This is my second time around being nominated and it’s been a while so I figured why not do this again. I love all the questions your nominator asks you. This is a great way to get to know other bloggers in the community.
Here are some questions Montana left me to answer:
1. What’s your favorite quote and why does it resonate with you? My favorite quote “she turned her can’t into the can, and her dreams into plans”. This is becoming my favorite quote after I ran my first half marathon on March 23, 2013. After that I know I could do anything.
2. If you were stuck on an island with all your basic needs provided for you (food, shelter, water, clothing) what 3 additional items would you bring with you? Hmm, this one is a little tough. I have so many things I’d love to have with me if I was stuck on an island. If my family is included on being stuck with me I would choose my best friend Lisa. I’d go crazy if I couldn’t speak to her at least once a day. Also, a good book, if I’m going to be stuck on the island for a while a good book would help pass the time. Last but not least my running shoes. I mean running around the island I could search for new things and sightsee. Hope I’m stuck on a BIG island.
3. What’s the last movie you saw? The last movie I saw was with my daughter last week. We saw Big Hero 6 and we loved it.
4. Do you have a favorite workout item? Running shoes, clothes, fitness equipment? Saucony running shoes all the way. I have run in Nike’s, Asics but Saucony’s are my absolute favorite and it’s the only brand shoe I will run in.
5. What’s the unique workout class you have ever taken? I took a spinning class a few years ago and it was the only time. It was pretty intense and my legs were sore for weeks. But what a great workout.
6. If you had to go without one modern convenience for the rest of your life, what would you give up and why? If I had to chose it would be my cell phone. It takes up so much of my life, especially when I’m bored. If I go without maybe I will be more engaged with those around me.
7. Which relative are you closest to? My Mom. I don’t know what I’d do without her. She is my rock and knows I can go to her with any problems. Since I live over 1,400 miles away from my Mom. It’s hard not being able to see her every day but we still make trips to visit each other or a simple phone call. I love you, Mom.
8. Would you ever do an obstacle course race? If you have done one, which one did you do? I have done one once back in 2013. It was local and it was fun. I would love to do a tough mudder because I love endurance.
9. What’s your guilty pleasure? I love books. I love reading a lot of new adult books. I have read over 50 books so far this year and my goal was 100. I may not get there. But the year isn’t over yet.
10. What’s your best/happiest childhood memory? Every summer we’d vacation in the White Mountains of New Hampshire. We would stay up there for a week or 2 and we would go to StoryLand. This is one of my fondest memories, especially the talking tree.
Now it’s my turn to nominate some people. Andi from Fit 2 Fat 2 Fit: the Cancer survivor who doesn’t quit, Haley from Running in Diapers, Tanya from Running in Boise, Rachael from Diapers & Dumbbells and Angela from The Road Less Run. Here are your questions ladies:
1. How do you feel right now? What are you thinking about?
2. If you were going to write a book, what would you call it and what would it be about?
3. If someone asked you to give them a random piece of advice, what would you say?
4. If you could go back in history, who would you like to meet?
5. If someone were to make a movie about your life, who would you hope would play you?
6. What’s the worst thing that’s ever happened to you?
7. What’s something most people don’t know about you?
8. What are some of your favorite websites?
9. What’s the biggest personal change you’ve ever made?
10. What’s the first thing you notice about people?
Have fun with this ladies. Can’t wait to see your answers and choices on who you nominate.