Every runner has at least some type of running gear they never run without or before stepping foot out the door without before a run. I have about 5 things I will never LEAVE home without before a run.
1. I will never start my run without my Road ID. Not everyone runs with some sort of ID. I was guilty of this a lot until I discovered Road ID. It has my full name, emergency contact phone numbers and any medication allergies I have on it. You never know what will happen on a run. If you don’t already please invest in one. It could save your life.
2. Some runners like keeping track of their miles on either their phone or watch. I prefer using a watch and I use the Nike+ GPS watch. It’s easy to use. I love the motivation it gives me and keeps track of my previous runs. I never go for a run without it.
3. Compression sleeves are a runner’s best friend during runs and aiding recovery. Even if I’m running a few short miles or going for a long run, I almost always have compression sleeves or compression socks on.
4. I, unfortunately, suffer from chafing, thankfully only on my heels and ankles. I apply this stuff religiously before I GO on a run. I will even bring it along on runs for that “JUST IN CASE” moment.
5. And finally last but not least. My phone, you never know when you may need it and it’s my sense of security. I also sometimes listen to music through my phone.
I’d love to hear if there are some things you can’t run without?